Extract from the Laws
Wellington Philosophical Society.
1. Candidates may be admitted members of the Society on the recommendation of a Member of Council and two ordinary Members of the Society, and on the payment of the annual subscription.
5. Every Member shall contribute annually to the funds of the Society the sum of one guinea.
6. The annual contribution shall be paid in advance, on or before the first day of January in each year.
7. The sum of ten pounds may be paid at any time as a composition of the ordinary annual payment for life.
12. The Honorary Members of the Society shall be persons who have been eminent benefactors to this or some other of the Australian Colonies, or distinguished patrons and promoters of the objects of the Society.
17. General Meetings for business of Members of the Society shall be held in the evening of one day or more in each quarter (the time and place of the meeting to be fixed by the Council, and duly announced by the Secretary), to receive the Secretary's Report, and to carry out the general objects and business of the Society.
Meetings will be held during the Session of the General Assembly, on the following evenings, commencing with the ordinary Quarterly Meeting of July 28th, 1868.
|July 28th, Tuesday (ordinary),||August 25th, Tuesday,|
|September 15th, "||October 6th, "|
The Meetings will be held in the Colonial Museum, Wellington.