Nelson Philosophical Society.
Office-bearers for 1887:—President—J. T. Meeson, B.A.; Vice-presidents—The Bishop of Nelson and A. S. Atkinson. Secretary—Dr. Coleman; Treasurer—Dr. Hudson; Council—Dr. L. Boor, J. Holloway, J. S. Browning, Dr. Cressey, and R. Kingsley; Curator—R. Kingsley.
Extracts from the Rules of the Nelson Philosophical Society.
4. That members shall be elected by ballot.
6. That the annual subscription shall be one guinea.
7. That the sum of ten guineas may be paid in composition of the annual subscription.
16. That the meetings be held monthly.
23. The papers read before the Society shall be immediately delivered to the Secretary.