New Zealand Institute
Established under an Act of the General Assembly of New Zealand Intituled “the New Zealand Institute Act, 1867”; Reconstituted by an Act of the General Assembly of New Zealand under “the New Zealand Institute Act, 1903,”
Board of Governors.
His Excellency the Governor.
The Hon. the Colonial Secretary.
Nominated by the Government under Clause 4.
*Sir James Hector, K.C.M.G., M.D., F.R.S.; E. Tregear, F.R.G.S.; John Young; J. W. Joynt, M.A.
Elected by Affiliated Societies under Clause 4.
Wellington: Martin Chapman; Professor T. H. Easterfield, M.A., Ph.D. Auckland: Professor A. P. W. Thomas, M.A., F.L.S.; J. Stewart, C.E. Napier: H. Hill, F.G.S. Christchurch: Professor Charles Chilton, D.Sc., F.L.S.; Captain F. W. Hutton, F.R.S. Westland: T. H. Gill, M.A. Nelson: L. Cockayne, LL.D. Otago: A. Hamilton; G. M. Thompson, F.L.S.
Officers for the Year 1904–5.
President: Captain F. W. Hutton, F.R.S.
Hon. Treasurer: J. W. Joynt, M.A.
Editor of Transactions: A. Hamilton.
Secretary: T. H. Gill, M.A.
|Affiliated Societies.||Date of Affiliation.|
|Wellington Philosophical Society||10th June, 1868.|
|Auckland Institute||10th June, 1868.|
|Philosophical Institute of Canterbury||22nd October, 1868.|
|Otago Institute||18th October, 1869.|
|Westland Institute||21st December, 1874.|
|Hawke's Bay Philosophical Institute||31st March, 1875.|
|Southland Institute||21st July, 1880.|
|Nelson Institute||20th December, 1883.|
|Manawatu Philosophical Society||16th January, 1904.|
[Footnote] * Renominated January, 1904.