Eighth Meeting: 6th December, 1910.
Professor Waters, President, in the chair.
New Members.—Messrs. J. Laing and G. E. Thompson, M.A.
Exhibit.—Professor Benham exhibited a very fine greenstone axe, measuring 11 in. by 6 in., discovered at a depth of about 6 ft. at the corner of Leith and Hanover Streets, Dunedin. The axe had been dug up by the workmen of the Drainage Board, which body had commendably donated the implement to the Museum.
Governor.—Mr. G. M. Thomson being unable to attend the next annual meeting of the New Zealand Institute, Dr. P. Marshall was elected a substitute Governor in his place.