1. R. Taylor. New Zealand and its Inhabitants. London, 1855.
2. T. Kirk. Trans. N.Z. Inst., vol. 28, p. 493.
3. H. Hill. Trans. N.Z. Inst., vol. 41, p. 437.
4. J. Grant. Trans. N.Z. Inst., vol. 43, Proc. 3, p. 98.
5. T. F. Cheeseman. Illustrations of New Zealand Flora. Wellington, 1914.
Fig. 1.—Staminate flower showing perinanth: a, stamens closed: b, stamens open, with mature anthers; c, single spadix with sepal and petal attachments.
Fig. 2.—Staminate flower and spadices with perianth: a, perianth; b, pollinated stamens
Fig. 3.—Pistillate flower: a, flowers; b, seeds; c, spadices.