Contents - Volume 70, 1940-41
All full-page illustrations (plates) in this volume can be seen in the Picture Gallery.
- (title page)
- Royal Society of New Zealand. Notice to Members.
- Instructions to Authors of Papers
- List of Plates.
- Proceedings of The Royal Society of New Zealand
- Notes on the Geography and Rocks of the Ranges Between the Pyke and Matukituki Rivers, North-west Otago.
- Growth-rates of Certain Indigenous Species of Cushion-plants.
- Notes on some New Zealand Plants and Descriptions of New Species.
- Palaeontological Study of Nukumaruan and Waitotaran Rocks near Wanganui.
- The Basal Beds of the Akaroa Volcano.
- The Divisions of the Upper Cretaceous and Tertiary in New Zealand.
- Elastic Constants of the Earth's Mantle.
- Applicability and Limitations of Petrofabric Analysis Without Use of a Universal Stage.
- A Review of the Tertiary and Recent Neozelanic Pyramidellid Molluscs. No. 7—Further Odostomid Genera.
- The Occurrence of Hyoidal Teeth in Salvelinus fontinalis.
- Leaf Anatomy of the New Zealand Mangrove.
- Obituary. William Herbert Guthrie-Smith, 1861–1940..
- The Isolation of Phyllocladene from the Leaf-oil of Podocarpus hallii and its Significance on the Botanical Classification of this Species.
- The Gravels of the Mackenzie Intermont.
- Mugearites in the Dunedin District.
- Tasmacetus shepherai. History and Description of Specimens Cast Ashore on Mason's Bay, Stewart Island, in February, 1933.
- The Marine Mollusca of the Aupourian Province, New Zealand..
- Landslides and Allied Features in the Dunedin District in Relation to Geological Structure, Topography, and Engineering.
- A Revision of the Genus Gobiomorphus.
- A New Species of New Zealand Land-Planarian, Artioposthia civis. Notes on Anatomy, Histology and Physiology with Ecological Data.
- The Collembolan Fauna of New Zealand, including a Discussion of Its Distribution and Affinities.
- The Royal Society Of New Zealand.
- General Index