Contents - Volume 71, 1942
All full-page illustrations (plates) in this volume can be seen in the Picture Gallery.
- Notice to Authors of Papers for the Transactions of the Royal Society of New Zealand
- (title page)
- Royal Society of New Zealand.
- Instructions to Authors of Papers
- List of Plates
the Royal Society of New Zealand
- Minutes Of The Annual Meeting Of The Council, Held On 28th May, 1941.
- Annual Meeting
- Reports of Member Bodies. Auckland Institute.
- Hawke's bay Branch of the royal society of N.Z.
- Nelson Philosophical Society.
- Otago Branch of the Royal Society of New Zealand.
- Southland Branch of the Royal Society of New Zealand.
- Presidential Address
- Notes on Two Transverse-Profile Geomorphic Problems.
- Review of the Tertiary and Recent Neozelanic Pyramidellid Molluscs. No. 8—The Pyrgulinid Genera And The Genus Evalea.
- Recent Occurrence of Pelamis platurus Linn. in New Zealand.
- Probable Direct Development in Some New Zealand Ophiuroids.
- Megascolides napierensis, a New Species of Earthworm.
- The Geology of the Lower Shag Valley, N.E. Otago.
- The Evaluation of the Ultraviolet Radiation From the Sun and Other Sources.
- Records of Plant Stations.
- Inesite From Waihi Mine, North Island, New Zealand.
- The Geology of Mount Grey District, North Canterbury.
- Note on the Franz Josef Glacier, December, 1940.
- The Molluscan Faunule at Pakaurangi Point, Kaipara. No. 2.
- Breeding Habits of Twenty-two Species of Marine Mollusca.
- The Occurrence of Cryptosparas carunculatus from Cook Strait.
- A New Genus of New Zealand Leaf-Hoppers (Jassoidea, Homoptera).
- The Elasticity of the Earth's Central Core.
- A Table of Debye-Hückel Functions for Use in Solution Chemistry.
- The Rangitata Glacier—The Question of Its Maximum Extension.
- Review of the New Zealand Species of Schistochila, with notes on Colenso's Species.
- Second Catalogue of Aurora Australis Displays, 1939.
- Natural Root Grafts in New Zealand Trees.
- Moraines and Outwash of the Tasman Glacier.
- The Basic Igneous Rocks of Eastern Otago and Their Tectonic Environment.
- Some Porphyroblastic Albite-Schists From Waikouaiti River (South Branch), Otago.
- New or Rare Fishes of New Zealand.
- The Distribution of the Genus Leiopelma in New Zealand with a Description of a New Species.
- Supplement to the Collembolan Fauna of New Zealand. The Genus Ceratrimeria Borner in New Zealand and a New Genus Novacerus to Replace the Genus Neocerus (pre-occupied).
- Fossil Cetacea of New Zealand. V.–Mauicetus, a Generic Name substituted for Lophocephalus Benham.
- The Chromosome Complements of Some New Zealand Plants—I.
- New Lepidoptera.
- The Balanomorph Barnacles of the Kermadec Islands.
- The Geology of the West Coast from Abut Head to Milford Sound—Part 1.
- Structural Petrology of Quartzose Veins in the Schists of Eastern Otago—Part I.
The Royal Society of New Zealand,
Council for 1941–42.
- Honorary Patron.
- Council. Ex Officio.
- Government Representatives.
- Elected by Member Bodies.
- Co-opted Member.
- Officers for the Year 1940–41.
- Member Bodies.
- Former Manager and Editor (Under the New Zealand Institute Act, 1867.)
- Past Presidents.
- Honorary Members.
- Former Honorary Members.
- Fellows of the Royal Society of New Zealand.
- General Index