Contents - Volume 72, 1942-43
All full-page illustrations (plates) in this volume can be seen in the Picture Gallery.
- (title page)
- (title page)
- Royal Society of New Zealand.
- Instructions to Authors of Papers
- List of Plates
Proceedings of the Royal Society of New Zealand
- Minutes of the Annual Meeting of the Council, 20th May, 1942.
- Report of the Hon. Treasurer.
- Trust Accounts for the Year Ending March 31, 1942.
- Report of Honorary Editor.
- Report of Honorary Librarian.
- National Art Gallery and Dominion Museum Board of Trustees. Report of Society's Representatives.
- The Royal New Zealand Institute of Horticulture. Report of Representative.
- Observatories Committee. Report of Society's Representative.
- Carter Observatory Board. Report of Society's Representatives.
- Dedicated To the Memory of Charles Rooking Carter 1822–1896 Through whose generosity The Erection of this Building Was made Possible.
- Carter Observatory.
- Reports of Research Grantees.
- Hutton Grantees.
- Great Barrier Reef Committee. Report of Representative.
- Report of Sub-committee on the T. K. Sidey Summer-time Award.
Reports of Member Bodies.
- Auckland Institute. President: Mr W. A. Fairclough. Director: Lieut.-Col. Gilbert Archey. Acting Director: Mr A. W. B. Powell
- The Wellington Branch of the Royal Society of New Zealand (Inc.). President: Dr M. A. F. Barnett. Secretary: Mr J. T. Salmon.
- Nelson Philosophical Society. President: Mr. F. G. Gibbs. Hon. Secretary and Treasurer: Mr O. B. Pemberton.
- Canterbury Branch of the Royal Society of New Zealand. President: Mr G. Stokell. Hon. Secretary: Mr R. S. Duff.
- Otago Branch of the Royal Society of New Zealand. Annual Report for Session 1941. President: Dr R. Gardner. Hon. Secretary: Dr H. D. Skinner.
- Southland Branch of the Royal Society of New Zealand. President: Dr C. C. Anderson. Acting Secretary: Mr A. D. Nisbet.
- Presidential Address
- Appendix. Abstracts of Papers Read Before Branches.
- The Body Appendages of Balanus decorus.
- The Juvenile Plumage of Some Birds and an Interpretation of Its Nature.
- Notes on Some New Zealand Plants and Descriptions of New Species (No. 2).
- The Orsillini of New Zealand. (Hemiptera, Lygaeidae.)
- Fuchsite-bearing Schists from Dead Horse Creek, Lake Wakatipu Region, Western Otago.
- Geology of the West Coast of the Firth of Thames.
- The Basic Igneous Rocks of Eastern Otago and their Tectonic Environment.
- Current Views on the Origin and Tectonic Significance of Schistosity.
- The Ellipticities of Surfaces of Equal Density in the Earth's Interior.
- The Origin of the Lower Devonian Fauna of Reefton, New Zealand; with Notes on Devonian Brachiopoda.
- A Detail of the Pukaki Moraine.
- A New Species of Onychiurus (Collembola) from New Zealand.
- The Basic Igneous Rocks of Eastern Otago and Their Tectonic Environment, Part III. The Olivine Theralite of Waihola, East Otago, a Gravitationally-Differentiated Sill, with Notes on Related Rocks.
- The Breeding Habits of Cryptoconchus porosus (Burrow)
- Francolite, a Carbonate-Apatite from Milburn, Otago.
- The Geology of the West Coast from Abut Head to Milford Sound. Part 2. Glaciation.
- Notoscolex equestris, an Earthworm from the Poor Knights Islands.
- The Octopodous Mollusca of New Zealand. I.—The Midget Octopus of the Coastal Waters.
- A Study of the Little Owl, Athene noctua, in New Zealand.
- The Anatomy and Systematic Position of Temnocephala novae-zealandiae Haswell.
- Some Eocene Mollusca from New Zealand.
- Preferred Orientation of Olivine Crystals in Peridotites, With Special Reference to New Zealand Examples.
- The Physical Characteristics of Meteors.
- Upper Winds at Little America on November 29, 1929.
- Some Hitherto Unrecorded Plant Stations.
- Observations on the Growth of Macrocystis in New Zealand. With a description of a free-living form.
- Variation in Senecio kirkii Hook.f.
- The Geology of the Brocken Range and the Kaiwhata Valley, East Wellington.
- The Igneous Rocks of the Brocken Range-Ngahape Area, Eastern Wellington.
- Descriptions of Two New Species of Lepidoptera.
- New Records of Collembola from New Zealand, with Descriptions of New Genera and Species. Part I. Collembola. Arthropleona.
The Royal Society of New Zealand,
Council for 1942–43.
- Honorary Patron. His Excellency the Governor-General. Council. Ex Officio.
- Government Representatives.
- Co-opted Member.
- Officers for the Year 1941–42
- Former Manager and Editor
- Past Presidents.
- Honorary Members.
- Former Honorary Members.
- Fellows of the Royal Society of New Zealand.
- General Index