Contents - Volume 77, 1948-49
All full-page illustrations (plates) in this volume can be seen in the Picture Gallery.
- (title page)
- Royal Society Of New Zealand
- Instructions To Authors Of Papers
- List Of Plates
- Proceedings of The Royal Society of New Zealand
- The Constitution of Cobalt Chloride in Aqueous Solution.
- Preparation of Alkyl Iso-ureas.
- The Rate of Decomposition of N-Chloracetanilide by Hydrochloric Acid in Dioxan-Water Mixtures.
- The Constitution of Cupric Chloride in Aqueous Solution.
- The Adsorption of Water Vapour on Collagen and Elastin.
- The Structure and Life History of Hormosira banksii (Turner) Decaisne.
- New Species and Genera of Marine Mollusca from the Southland Fiords.
- Reactions of Mosquitoes to the Aircraft Environment.
- Ascidians of the Hauraki Gulf. Part I.
- A New Genus and Species of the Family Acropsopilionidae (Opiliones) from New Zealand.
- Further Tertiary Mollusca from Hokianga District, North Auckland.
- A New Fossil Cirrepede from New Zealand Miocene Beds.
- Some Post-Glacial Climatic Changes in Canterbury and Their Effect on Soil Formation.
- Contributions to a Knowledge of the Naturalized Flora of New Zealand. No. 2.
- A Logic of Social Science Thought
- A Natural Hybrid between Loranthus micranthus and Tupeia antarctica
- A Revised and Annotated List of New Zealand Filicinae
- Aporostylis R. and Hh., Townsonia Cheesmn., and the New Zealand Forms of Chiloglottis R. Br.
- Lyperanthus antarcticus Hook. f. and the New Zealand Forms of Gastrodia R. Br.
- The New Zealand Forms of Pterostylis R. Br.
- The New Zealand Forms of Calochilus R.Br.
- Fruit Characters of Pittosporum dallii Cheesem.
- Descriptions of New Species of New Zealand Hepatics III
- The Bryophytes of Stewart Island.—Part I.
- Description of a New Species with Notes and Localities for Some Otago and Southland Mosses
- The Catalase Activity of Mycobacteria.
- Notes on Some New Zealand Fishes
- The Geology of the Wairaki Survey District, Southland
- Pillow Lava at Red Rock Point, Wellington.
- The Adsorption of Water Vapour on Casein
- Harry Borrer Kirk (1859–1948)
- Harry Borrer Kirk (1859–1948). Harry Borrer Kirk First Professor Of Biology Appointed 1993 This Building Is Founded Upon His Great Services To Victoria College Which Stands Enriched By His Inspiration And Example Colleagues And Students Of 1903–40 Hereby Record Their Gratitude Affection And Esteem Sb Taumata – He Whare Not
- The Fatty Acid Composition of Hemideina thoracica White
- Late Cretaceous and Tertiary Geosynclines in Westland, New Zealand
- The Conditions of Deposition of Greymouth Coal
- A Yard-long Earthworm, Notoscolex hakeaphilus
- Additions to the Rotatoria of New Zealand Part 2.
- Distribution of the Mosses Indigenous to New Zealand (Supplement No. 1)
- New Zealand Hepaticae. (Liverworts). VI A Review Of The New Zealand Species Of The Genus Frullania
- Additions to the Marine Algae of New Zealand
- Six New Marine Algae from New Zealand.
- Petalochilus Rog. and the New Zealand Forms of Caladenia R. Br.
- The Geology of Mandamus-Pahau District, North Canterbury.
- The Geology of the Tuakau-Mercer Area, Auckland
- Notes on the Geology of Kapiti Island, Cook Strait, N.Z.
- Part I. Physiography And Field Occurrence Of The Rocks.
- Part II. Petrography.
- A New Family of Living Ostracoda with Striking Resemblances to Some Palaeozoic Beyrichiidae
- Auto-evisceration and the Regeneration of Viscera in the Holothurian Stichopus mollis (Hutton)
- Regeneration of the Alimentary Canal of Stichopus mollis (Hutton) across a Mesenteric Adhesion
- Diplocystis oxycani n.sp.—A Gregarine Parasite of Oxycanus cervinatus Walk.
- The Carabidae (Coleoptera) of New Zealand Part III1—A Revision of the Tribe Broscini
- General Index
Royal Society Of New Zealand Report of The Sixth Science Congress
- List Of Plates
- Participating Bodies And Officers
Chairmen And Officers Of Sections
- Section A—Physical Sciences.
- Section B—Chemical Sciences.
- Section C—Botanical Sciences.
- Section D—Zoological Sciences.
- Section E—Geological Sciences.
- Section F—Geographical Sciences.
- Section G—Medical Sciences.
- Section H—Social Sciences.
- Section J—Ethnological Sciences.
- Section K—Technological Sciences.
- Section L—Annual Conference of the New Zealand Society of Animal Production.
- Scientists Look Towards the Future. Presidential Address To The Royal Society Of New Zealand
- Mission Of Goodwill
Section A—Physical Sciences.
- Some Aspects of Experimental Nuclear Physics.
- Some Physical Principles Affecting Housing.
- X-Ray Diffraction Of Ironsand.
- Dielectric Properties Of Crystal Quartz At High Frequencies
- Synchronized Feedback In Scale-Of-2 Electronic Counters.
- A Meter Indicator For Use With Electrical Counters Using Scale-Of-2 Circuits.
- A Proposed Auroral Index Figure.
- Weather Forecasting To-Day.
- The Frequency Of Heavy Daily Rainfalls In New Zealand.
- The Structure Of Symmetrical Depressions.
- The Determination Of Upper Winds By Electronic Means.
- A Preliminary Study Of Some Results From The Radio-Meteorological Investigation Conducted In Canterbury.
- Some Problems And Techniques Involved In The Radio-Meteorological Investigation Conducted In Canterbury.
- A Radiosonde Method For Potential-Gradient Measurements In The Atmosphere.
- Mathematics In Research In New Zealand.
- Abstracts Of Papers
Section B—Chemical Sciences.
Section C—Botanical Sciences
- Address by the Chairman,
- The Place of Ferns and Seed Plants in Classification.
- Evolution Of the Alien Flora of New Zealand.
- Forest Deterioration in The Tararuas due to Deer and Opossum.
- Microbiology In New Zealand.
- Plant Diseases Caused By Viruses.
- Plant Bacteriology In New Zealand.
- Ecological Studies with Soil Fungi.
- A Phytoplankton Season in Cook Strait.
- Station Records of Indigenous Plants
- Nazi Influence on German-Forest Administration
- Abstracts and Titles.
- Horticultural Session.
Section D—Zoological Sciences
- Address by the ChairmanWays And Means In Zoology
- A Review of New Zealand Leeches
- The Species Problem in New Zealand Land Snails
- The Constitution and Relations of the New Zealand Echinoderm Fauna
- Oceanography of The New Zealand Seas
- Some Aspects of The Production and Cropping of Fresh Waters
- Migrating Eels in Lake Ellesmere
- An Unusual Type of Web Constructed by A Samoan Spider of The Family Argiopidae
- The Zoogeographical Relationships of The New Zealand Opiliones
- Problems Relating to the Birds of New Zealand's Offshore Islands
- The Automatic Mechanical Recording of The Nesting Habits of Birds
- Birds of Martin bay, 1876–81 Compiled
- Mendelian Inheritance in Romney Sheep
- Studies On The Entozoa Of Man In New Zealand
- A Resume Of Investigations On Nematode Parasitism In Sheep In New Zealand
- New Methods In Microscopy For The Study Of Small Insects And Arthropods
- Taxonomic Research In New Zealand
- Abstracts And Titles.
Section E—Geological Sciences
- The Tararua Range As A Unit Of The Geological Structure Of New Zealand
- Rejuvenation Of The Awatere Fault Cicatrice
- Earthquake Traces Near Waverley And Their Tectonic Setting
- A Preliminary Account Of The Syenite And Associated Rocks Of The Culverden District
- The Present State Of Volcanicity Of New Zealand
- The Age And Distribution Of The Coal Measures In North Auckland
- Notes On A Comparison Of The Tertiary And Recent Brachiopoda Of New Zealand And South America
- Fossil Spores From New Zealand Coals
- Abstracts And Titles.
- Section F—Geographical Science
Section G—Medical Sciences
- Address By The Chairman
- Some Health Problems in Western Samoa
- Endemic Goitre in the South-West Pacific
- Protein and Amino Acid Therapy in Medical and Surgical Conditions—A Review (Joint Session of the Chemical and Medical Science Sections of the Congress.)
- Fluorine and Dental Caries in New Zealand.
- The Relation of the Health of the Soil to the Health of Man.
- Abstracts and Titles Trends in the Development of Modern Health Services.
Section H—Social Sciences
Section J—Ethnological Sciences
Section K—Technological Sciences.
- Address By the ChairmanEngineering Research at Auckland University College.
- Electronics, Its Place in Science, Engineering and Industry.
- Measurement of Strain by Electrical Resistance Gauges.
- Silver, a Sterilising Agent.
- Wood Laminates—Advantages and Limitation.
- Sound and Its Reproduction.
- A Background to Town planning.
Section L.—New Zealand Society of Animal Production.
- Index of Authors and Subjects